If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While browsing, I saw a picture of what was touted as a Tornado Potato, a whole potato spiral cut and wrapped around a skewer and then deep fried Said to have originated in Seoul, South Korea, this potato is now showing up around the USA at fairs and festivals. There is a special cutter you can buy for this or if you have patience you can spiral cut the potato by hand. Having neither the cutter or patience, I decided to string the potato slices on a bamboo skewer and then fry them. Season them with salt and pepper or Greek or Cajun seasoning...whatever you like. The kids will love eating their "fries" on a stick. —inpatskitchen
Makes 4 skewers
- 8 larger baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- Vegetable oil for a deep fryer or tall pot
- 4 12 inch bamboo skewers
- Salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning, Greek seasoning, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder or whatever your heart desires for seasoning
- Leaving the skins on, slice the potatoes about 1/4 inch and slide the equivalent of two sliced potatoes on each skewer.
- Heat the vegetable oil to about 360F and place the skewers in the pot or fryer, leaving the bottom of the skewer( the flat end)exposed. Fry for 5 to 6 minutes and remove and set on paper toweling.
- Bring the oil back up to 360F and re-fry the potatoes until they crisp up.
- Season and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food
This Week's Best #F52Farmstands
Cheese peppers, grapes, and more
This week's best #F52farmstands.
Get baking this Labor Day.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Storage made crystal clear.