If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have been making variation of fish tacos for years. We do not live in an area that offers much street food, so we have had to adapt:)
I like this recipe with the touch of sweet combined with the smoky & spiciness of the slaw. I have pan fried the fish, just used spices and grilled it. Add ripe fresh tomatoes, extra cilantro, a squeeze of lime and a drizzle of sour cream and you are about to embark on a bite of pure bliss - motherchic
Serves 6 very lucky people
- Cilantro Slaw:
- 1 bag shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 diced chipotle chilies in adobo
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Almond Crusted Tilapia:
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 tilapia filets
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 12 flour tortillias
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- cilantro, minced
- lime wedges
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl combine all slaw ingredients. stir well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a food processor place almonds, coconut and bread crumbs; pulse until finely chopped.
- In a shallow bowl, place bread crumb mixture, cumin, cayenne and salt; stir.
- In a shallow bowl combine egg and water, whisk together till incorporated.
- Dredge tilapia in egg mixture, then into the bread crumbs.
- Add some of the olive oil into a large skillet, heat; add fish. Pan fry until cooked through and tender. Repeat until all the fillets are cooked.
- To assemble: take a warm tortillia, add a heaping spoon of slaw. Top with several chunks of fish.
- Add chopped tomatoes, extra cilantro, a squeeze of lime and a drizzle of sour cream.
- Enjoy !!!!!!!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food
All the Pastabilities
It's easy being green.
All the spring pastabilities.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
These chips are a little chili.
Judge our NEW books by their covers.
That was a close shave.