If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I live in Upstate New York, and every public event that I've been to so far had these pancakes. Starting with infamous New York State Fair and ending at a Food Tent during our elementary school 5K run, there is always going to be an electric griddle, buckets of grated potatoes, divine smell of fried potato and onion in the air, and a line of people waiting for their pancakes. They are always served on a large paper plate, with a generous mound of sour cream, or apple sauce, or both. Nothing fancy, just a comforting snack (or an entire meal!) that is oh-so-delicious! - Ausra
- 4 largeYukon Gold potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pinch salt
- black pepper
- sour cream or apple sauce for serving
- Grate potatoes and onion using the largest holes of your box grater
- Add flour, salt and pepper to potato and onion mixture
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet or on an electric griddle set on a high setting
- when oil is hot, place half of the potato pancake batter onto the hot pan, flatten with the spatula to form a large pancake, and cook undisturbed until the edges and the bottom of the pancake turn deep brown and crisp
- Gently flip the pancake using a wide spatula. Cook the other side until nice and crisp.
- Slide the pancake onto a plate. Serve with plenty of sour cream or/and apple sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food
Your Favorite Items for a Wedding Registry
Wedding season approaches.
Wedding registry must haves.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Wildcard Winner Recap
Do you haiku?