Author Notes: Once again, my weakness...potatoes! This was very simple too make and it added so much to these lovely spuds. Great alone, great with gravy, and great for leftovers or to add to your next dish. Potatoes are very versatile. They are tough and durable, store well, and have an impressive nutritional content including being a rich source of fiber, potassium and vitamin C. Like other fruits and vegetables, potatoes are a low calorie food and are free of fat, cholesterol, and sodium, now that is my potato! - Kitchen Comments
- 1 garlic bulb, end removed
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 10 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- water for boiling
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Johnny's Seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Season the chopped off end of your garlic with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle on olive oil. Wrap bulb in foil and keep cut end up. Bake for 30-45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. When cool enough remove garlic from it's skin.
- While garlic is cooking boil potatoes in enough water to cover them. Boil for 30 minutes and drain.
- Melt butter in saucepan, add potatoes, garlic cloves, cream cheese, milk, salt, pepper, and Johnny's Seasoning salt. Mix with hand held mixer until smooth. Serve just as is or with gravy over the top for a great accompaniment to any meal, and as always, enjoy!
Tags: Side Dishes