If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am so in love right now, you know that kind, love at first sight, you know it is meant to be...that's me, yep, that's me...sigh. I so have to go get an avocado and lemon and make this for lunch. Hey I could even eat this for breakfast! Thank you a thousand times over Angela, for posting this, I think you are my new best friend!
This dish is super easy to make and can be made in under 15 minutes. What is not awesome about that?! This is a great dinner when you are strapped or short on time or just want it, in my case.
- Kitchen Comments
- 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
- 2-3 garlic cloves, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces of your choice of pasta
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Please note: This dish does not reheat well due to the avocado in the sauce. Please serve immediately.
Recipe of the Day
Grilled Brie Sandwiches With Honey, Pistachio, and Kale Pesto
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Style with a breeze.
Our herbs could use a helping hand.
Time to Celebrate!
Food52 takes home the gold.