Author Notes: I am so in love right now, you know that kind, love at first sight, you know it is meant to be...that's me, yep, that's me...sigh. I so have to go get an avocado and lemon and make this for lunch. Hey I could even eat this for breakfast! Thank you a thousand times over Angela, for posting this, I think you are my new best friend!
This dish is super easy to make and can be made in under 15 minutes. What is not awesome about that?! This is a great dinner when you are strapped or short on time or just want it, in my case.
- Kitchen Comments
- 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
- 2-3 garlic cloves, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces of your choice of pasta
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Please note: This dish does not reheat well due to the avocado in the sauce. Please serve immediately.