If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of my all time favorites and a fantastic use for leftover pork, preferably Italian roasted or Cuban roasted. Tonight was leftover seasoned Italian. Tonight NY hoagie rolls because the store only bakes 3 loaves of Cuban bread a day??? It doesn't much matter because the bread is squashed beyond recognition in the end.
Enjoy Lucy's Cuban Ricardo BaBaloo
- 1/4 pound or more, leftover seasoned pork tenderloin, porchetta, or Cuban pork
- 4 slices Black Forest Ham
- 4 sliced un-smoked provolone or baby Swiss cheese
- 6 pepperoncini peppers or sweet red cherry peppers, seeded and cut in half
- 6 slices kosher dills
- Butter and olive oil
- 2 Cuban rolls, or Bolillos
- Cuisinart Griddler is perfect for this sandwich using the flat plates. I prep the rolls; slice in half brush a little olive oil over and spread with a little butter, toast on open grill plates until light golden. Remove and spread with a little mustard. Layer the pickles, ham, peppers, cheese, and pork. Drizzle with a little olive oil and grind a little pepper over the top layer of pork. Sandwich top on and butter the top, turn it over and butter the bottom. Place on heated griddle plates and press down, grill until hot, toasted and oozing cheese. Slice and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.