If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Moroccan chili paste, which upgrade any sandwich, vegetables and other dishes. Since it is hard to find a good one in a store in the USA, you should make it at home. You can use other types of dried chili depend on how spicy you like it (this version is mild). - Cordelia
Makes 3/4 cup
- 10 dry chilies ( Guajillo)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Submerge the dried chilies in warm tap water for about an hour, until soft.
- Get rid of ones that stay dry and do not become soft.
- Break down the chilies and take out the seeds.
- Put the chilies and all the rest of the ingredients except for the oil in the food processor. Grind well, but still chunky and not a complete paste.
- Add the oil and mix just with few more pluses.
- 6. Taste for salt.
- 7. If the chilies are not very spicy you can add some chili flakes as well.
- Good for about 3 weeks in the fridge, if covered with a bit of olive oil. Also good without the cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift