If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was preparing pizza using Mark Bittman's No Knead pizza dough recipe and realized I ran out of sauce....so I used a Za'atar and olive oil mixture and topped it with Kalamata olives. The pizza dough recipe is the best I have ever tasted....chewy and crispy at the same time!! —Joy Betesh
Makes 2 pizzas
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups flour(you can use a combination of whole wheat and white)
- 12 ounces water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons Za'atar spice
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese(optional)
- In a medium bowl mix the yeast, salt and flour.... add water and mix well with wooden spoon. Transfer to another bowl that has been greased with olive oil. Cover with saran wrap and leave for 8 hours.
- Turn the dough onto a well floured surface( this is a wet dough so it needs lots of flour to be able to roll it out. I often roll it in the pan I am baking it in.) After rolling place in a well greased pizza tray
- Mix the za'atar spice with the olive oil and spread on the pizza crust. Top with the olives. Bake in a 500 oven for ten minutes or till golden and crispy. Top with crumbled feta cheese if desired
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food
Cool Ice Cream Tips
They'll change the way you cook—er, churn
The coolest ice cream tips.
The zucchini spaghetti of Italy.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.