If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These cookies are tender, flavorful, and addicting! They're the best example of an experiment gone right. - orangeideal
Makes 24 cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup maple sugar crystals
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 3/4 cup almond, chopped
- 1 orange, zest only
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 half-sheet trays with parchment paper.
- Place butter, maple sugar, and egg in medium bowl, and using hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together until fluffy and well combined, about 5 minutes. Add orange extract, continuing to stir until blended.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the flours. Slowly sift flours into butter mixture while continuing to use the hand mixer or standing mixer until all flour is incorporated. Gently stir in almonds, zest, and rosemary. Divide into two and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 15-20 minutes. (Dough can be frozen at this point to be baked later.)
- Roll out each dough disk separately between two pieces of parchment paper (about 1/8”-1/4” thick). Use cookie cutters to cut shapes into the cookies.
- Bake 4-6 minutes. Rotate baking pans and continue to bake about 5-6 more minutes or until firm to the touch. Wait a few minutes before removing from the pan, as the cookies are delicate. Remove to cooling rack to cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.