If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had been debating about this chocolate-curry flavor combination for a while before I actually dared to try it.
When we first tried them, I gave my husband three guesses as to what the secret ingredient was. First guess: clove. Second: cardamom. He got it on the third. These are slightly spicy, very perfumed muffins. And the curry isn’t overwhelming. Deliciously aromatic! —Zahirah
- 2 cups Buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup Slivered almonds, sunflower seeds, and mixed sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup Cocoa
- 2 tablespoons Curry powder
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 + 1/8 cups Olive oil
- 3/4 cup Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk (I use goat, but if you normally drink cow's milk, you can use that)
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- Mix together dry ingredients in one bowl, moist ingredients in another, then add moist to dry and mix until just evenly blended (don’t overdo it).
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, then sprinkle additional almonds or seeds on top for decoration.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good