If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When my husband was first diagnosed with Gluten Intolerance I mourned the loss of all of my baking. Little by little, with the help of my dear friend, Gluten Free Girl, Shauna Ahern, I started experimenting with alternative grains and now I love eating gluten free baked goods more than my old wheaty ones... - La Niña
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Teff Ivory Flour
- 1/2 cup Sweet Sorghum Flour
- 1/2 cup Flax Seed Meal
- 1/2 cup Sweet Rice Flour
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 16 ounces Butter (two sticks)
- 3/4 cup Dark Muscovado Sugar
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 16 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375ºf. In a medium size bowl, combine flours, flax seed meal, salt and baking soda and mix well.
- In a large bowl, add softened butter. (I put the butter in the bowl and microwave it on low for one minute and ten seconds.) To the softened butter, add sugars and combine, then beat in the eggs, and add the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture to the large bowl, and mix well. If the mixture seems a little too "wet" add a small amount of extra sweet rice flour to help "dry" it, but you don't want the dough too dry.
- Mix in the chopped walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon, drop heaping teaspoon-fulls of the dough onto a non-stick cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, and then let the cookies sit for 3 minutes before you remove them to a cooling rack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good