If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Going gluten free has changed my life, but not my cravings. When I crave my grandmother's chocolate chip cake, this cake swoops in and saves the day. I updated my grandmother's recipe that included eggs and traditional flour to this moist and delicious treat. This tender cake is vegan, gluten free and soy free too. —jamnbake
Makes one 9x13 pan
- 1 cup Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1 cup Potato Starch
- 1/2 cup Arrowroot
- 2 1/2 cups Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Xanthan Gum
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 cup Coconut Oil
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 4 tablespoons Vanilla
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 2 cups Vegan Chocolate Chips (preferably mini)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan, set aside.
- Warm oil to melt a bit, do not let it get too hot. Mix oil, applesauce, vanilla and hot water for 15 seconds.
- Sift together dry ingredients and slowly add them to the wet mixture, just until it comes together to form a batter. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into the greased pan.
- Bake 40-50 minutes, until skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Do not over-bake, or the cake will be gummy. Cool and cut into squares.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good