If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I got the idea when my sister, who is allergic to gluten, was upset when she couldn't eat my grandmother's delicious banana cake. Luckily she has me for a sister and I created a gluten free version and might I say this cake is 10 x's better then my grandmother's...well maybe just 1x better but it is absolutely scrumptious. I eat mine warm with a bit of butter and a tall glass of unsweetened almond milk...so yummy! - misschels —misschels
Food52 Review: Misschels version of a gluten-free coconut banana cake has great banana flavor and a wonderful texture. The recipe uses almond flour, is dairy-free and agave nectar is used as a sweetener. Chewy from the coconut and lots of walnut crunch, the cake was delicious served warm with butter. This would also make a great breakfast treat with a mug of hot tea! - jvcooks —jvcooks
- 3 cups blanched almond flour/meal
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 to 3) mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Spray a 9-in cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer, combine the almond flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the grapeseed oil, agave nectar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the almond flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in bananas, walnuts, and 1/4 c. of the coconut.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Sprinkle the remaining coconut on the cake.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 1 hour, then serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
Yello There, Yakitori
A menu that's everything and more
A menu that has it all.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
Freestyle berry jam.
We give it 8 tentacles up.