If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: allergy friendly (vegan, gluten free, soy free, nut free, can be easily modified to be corn free)
If Meyer lemons are in season, definitely use them! —windycityvegan
Makes 1 standard-sized (8x4) loaf
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour (tapioca starch)
- 1/4 cup corn flour (or mochiko flour, if you are avoiding corn)
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup sweet white rice (mochiko) flour
- 1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a standard-sized loaf pan, paying attention to corners and creases at bottom of the pan.
- Sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl; set aside.
- Whisk wet ingredients together until emulsified. Fold in the dry ingredients until just incorporated and few lumps remain.
- Immediately pour into prepared loaf pan and set in the center of the oven rack. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until edges are golden brown and starting to pull away from the pan. *Do not open your oven until at least 30 minutes have passed, and even then, if you must, only open it a teensy little crack.*
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes on a rack before removing from the pan. Slice and serve when completely cooled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
Well, This is Appeeling
Tomato skins, meet salt
Tomato skins, meet salt.
This weekend's reading.
It's time to travel.
Out of the park toppings.
Put cake on a pedestal.