If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband went on a year long diet that excluded starch and gluten. I developed these muffins as a way to give him some early morning energy. They will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to a week. —Charlottey
Serves makes 9 large muffins
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup almond meal flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or cashews
- Mash bananas with a fork
- Whisk together melted butter and applesauce and add to beaten eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Add almond meal flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla extract and mashed bananas.
- Mix in raisins and nuts.
- Fill a lightly greased muffin tin with equal amounts of batter.
- Bake at 325ºF for 30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
Match your style to your arrangement
Flower arrangements for your style.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The chicest apron around.