Author Notes: My husband went on a year long diet that excluded starch and gluten. I developed these muffins as a way to give him some early morning energy. They will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to a week. - Charlottey
Serves makes 9 large muffins
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup almond meal flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or cashews
- Mash bananas with a fork
- Whisk together melted butter and applesauce and add to beaten eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Add almond meal flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla extract and mashed bananas.
- Mix in raisins and nuts.
- Fill a lightly greased muffin tin with equal amounts of batter.
- Bake at 325ºF for 30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good