If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love Brussels sprouts, and never understood why they get such a bad rap- they were a staple in my family, and we love to come up with tasty new ways to prepare them... always trying to win people over to the sprout side! This simple recipe combines yummy caramelized Brussels sprouts with whole wheat spaghetti and nutty parmesan cheese. - Loves Food Loves to Eat
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts- halved or quartered
- 1/2 red onion- diced fine
- 2 cloves garlic- minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small pat butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- whole wheat spagetti- cooked (reserve a splash of pasta water)
- salt and pepper
- In skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat- add onions
- Sautee unti onions are translucent, add garlic and Brussels, cut sides down
- Once Brussels have just started to brown and caramelize, mix together wine, vinegar, and sugar- add to skillet. Turn down heat slightly, and simmer until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Add salt, pepper, cheese and toss, then remove from heat.
- Add to pasta and toss, adding reserved pasta water. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh parmesan on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
Good day, sunshine.
Gifts for Mother's Day
Make better cookies.