Author Notes: Mache is a delicate lettuce grown in a rosette shape. It has recently experienced a growth in the US, it has been popular in Europe for a long time. It is a super delicate lettuce with tons of antioxidants and a nutty, mellow flavor. I love it not just because it tastes good, but also because it is so beautiful. Almonds are also one of the those good for you foods. Marcona almonds are a pre-roasted and salted almond from Spain - delicious! I make this as my default salad when I don't know what to do. - meganvt01 - meganvt01
Food52 Review: Meganvt01's salad may have few components but when eaten with the delicious vinaigrette it is a taste explosion. I loved the tender mache barely dressed and the addition of the almonds and goat cheese added tangy crunch that was so satisfying. After eating this salad I felt that I had done myself a service by fueling my body with a healthy salad. There is nothing more satisfying than eating something good for you that tastes so delicious. - sdebrango - sdebrango
- 5 ounces mache, washed
- 1/2 cup Marcona almonds
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For the vinaigrette, combine the vinegar, dijon, garlic, egg yolk, oil, salt, and pepper in a sealed container and shake vigorously.
- Dress the mache with only as much vinaigrette as you need to moisten the leaves - 3 tablespoons perhaps. Depends on the size of your leaves. Place the mache on your serving dish and top with marcona almonds and goat cheese.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw