Author Notes: One of my mom's best cocktail party recipes and perfect for bringing to a potluck or picnic. Serve with a little bread on the side for soaking up every herb and drop of juice. - Angela
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 handful chopped tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled & deveined
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- In a small bowl, combine olives, tomato, oregano, garlic, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and vinegar. Season with a little pepper.
- Drizzle shrimp with remaining olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Skewer the shrimp to make it easier to turn them on the grill.
- Start your grill and heat to 400 degrees or very hot. Or heat a grill pan over high heat. Cook shrimp 2 minutes per side, or until just cooked through.
- In a shallow dish, toss the shrimp with olive mixture and let stand for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with feta and serve with baguette slices or tortilla wedges.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish