Author Notes: Not only gluten-free, but entirely grain-free, these are great cookies for folks with food allergies. And, bonus - you get a "recipe" for home made coconut butter, too! - TheMommyBowl
Makes about 20 cookies
- 5.25 ounces unsweetened shredded coconut
- Put the coconut in a food processor and process until liquidy - about 10 minutes, scraping sides of the bowl occasionally.
Coconut Butter Cookies
- 1 batch of coconut butter (from above)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup garfava flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 6 tablespoons hot water
- 1/3 cup palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix the almond flour, garfava flour, salt, and baking soda together.
- Mix the flax seed and hot water together. Stir until gel forms.
- To the bowl of the food processor with the liquified coconut butter, and the palm sugar, vanilla extract, and the flax seed mixture. Pulse until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Pulse until thick dough forms.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll small (1 T.) balls of dough, place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and press with a fork in a criss cross pattern.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool completely before removing from pan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good