Author Notes: My father in law made this for us and it was simple and delicious. Terrific healthy main course when you have a good fresh fish to cook. - jwolfsthal
- 1 Pompano, or other whole white tropical fish
- 1 tablespoon red curry powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1/2 squeezed lemon
- cut fish into steaks, strating just below head and ending at base of tail.
- mix all other indredients except oil into a boil and add a little water to turn into a wet paste.
- dip flesh sides of fish in sauce
- heat oil in large cast iron skillet on medium heat
- add fish and cook on all sides, rotating every few minutes. add extra sauce onto cooked sides as you rotate.
- on low to medium heat, it should take 15 minutes for the fish to cook through.
- serve with rice.