If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made some treats for an art opening my brother was having. I have celiac so I selfishly made the treats gluten free so I could eat them too. One woman liked the carrot cake so much she asked if she could hire me to make it for her daughter's birthday party. She then asked if I could make it without any refined sugar. I had never used agave before but got started on test batches immediately! Here's the final result. - Anya
Makes 1 10 inch round cake
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 pound grated carrots
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free flour (I us 1 1/2 Bob's Red Mill GF Flour and 3/4 cup rice flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups agave
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2/3 cup agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Stir together the eggs and applesauce
- Grate the carrots and add them to the bowl
- Add the vanilla and stir
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and agave. Stir.
- Pour the batter into a greased 10 inch round cake pan and bake for 45 minutes
- To make the frosting: beat together the butter, cream cheese, agave, and vanilla until smooth
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Behind the scenes.