If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This soup is so remarkably smooth, you’ll be tempted to call it creamy butternut squash soup—except there’s not a spot of cream. Start by roasting the squash in a 400ºF oven, until it’s nice and tender, about 30 minutes (split lengthwise and scoop out the seeds first). Then your blender does the magic of whipping the soup into a light and airy puree.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, white parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 small butternut squash, roasted & flesh scooped out
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup toasted sweetened coconut & almonds
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- Heat butter and oil in a 2 quart pot over medium heat. Add leeks and saute until soften and fragrant. Add roasted butternut squash and stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Pour contents of pot into the glass bowl of a blender and puree until smooth, about 2 minutes. Divide among four bowls and garnish with toasted and almond mixture and a sprinkle of cilantro.
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.