If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Clafoutis with chocolate has been on my mind since I made Phoebe and Cara's (of Big Girls, Small Kitchen) delicious clafoutis recipe from their new book: In The Small Kitchen. I went with white chocolate here, but you could use dark chocolate, if you prefer, or skip the chocolate all together and just stick with the berries. I baked this in mini custard cups, but this can also be baked in half-pint mason jars for a super cute presentation. - WinnieAb
- 2 whole eggs, preferably organic and free-range
- 1 cup organic cream
- 1 teaspoon orange flower water- optional (or use vanilla extract if you prefer)
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour/meal (I use Bob's Red Mill brand)
- 1/3 cup organic sugar
- 1.5 cups organic raspberries
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips- optional (I use ghirardhelli)
- powdered sugar for dusting the finished dishes- optional
- additional raspberries for garnish- optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, cream, orange flower water (or vanilla), almond flour and sugar. Process until thoroughly mixed.
- Place 6-7 raspberries into each of your custard cups or glass jars. Distribute the white chocolate chips evenly and then pour the batter equally into each one. Place custard cups on a baking sheet and transfer carefully to the oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the the custard is set. Enjoy warm with a dusting of powdered sugar, or serve with cream, creme fraiche, whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream if you like; these are also good served chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good