Author Notes: Clafoutis with chocolate has been on my mind since I made Phoebe and Cara's (of Big Girls, Small Kitchen) delicious clafoutis recipe from their new book: In The Small Kitchen. I went with white chocolate here, but you could use dark chocolate, if you prefer, or skip the chocolate all together and just stick with the berries. I baked this in mini custard cups, but this can also be baked in half-pint mason jars for a super cute presentation. - WinnieAb
- 2 whole eggs, preferably organic and free-range
- 1 cup organic cream
- 1 teaspoon orange flower water- optional (or use vanilla extract if you prefer)
- 3/4 cups blanched almond flour/meal (I use Bob's Red Mill brand)
- 1.5 cups organic raspberries
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips- optional (I use ghirardhelli)
- 1/3 cup organic sugar
- powdered sugar for dusting the finished dishes- optional
- additional raspberries for garnish- optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, cream, orange flower water (or vanilla), and almond flour. Process until thoroughly mixed.
- Place 6-7 raspberries into each of your custard cups or glass jars. Distribute the white chocolate chips evenly and then pour the batter equally into each one. Place custard cups on a baking sheet and transfer carefully to the oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the the custard is set. Enjoy warm with a dusting of powdered sugar, or serve with cream, creme fraiche, whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream if you like; these are also good served chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good