If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you are looking for a moist, rich and somewhat sophisticated chocolate cake- you have come to the right place. My step mother made this cake for a holiday gathering and my wife raved that it was incredible. Somewhat jealous of her experience, I got the recipe and modified it to be gluten free. I was sold after the first bite and the wife proclaimed my version was even better than the original, though admittedly she is somewhat biased. —flourishglutenfree
- 3/4 cup room temperature butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large room-temperature eggs
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup rum
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch flour
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (dutch preferred)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk (or soymilk)
- 2/3 cup GF powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons rum
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a 10 inch plain or fluted pan (I often use my bunt pan) with butter and light coating of rice flour.
- Beat room temperature butter with sugar. Add room temperature eggs and beat until fluffy. Stir in shredded zucchini and rum.
- In a separate bowl mix flours, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, xanthan gum, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture and add 1/4 cup of milk.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Let cool at least 15 minutes before turning cake out of pan. Glaze when fully cooled.
- To make glaze: mix powdered sugar and rum until smooth, drizzle over the cooled cake.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good