If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe for the pastry dough, which I usually make with unbleached all-purpose flour, is my favorite for all kinds of pies, strudels, turnovers, baked empanadas and I even use it for Napoleons’ Cake crusts( makes 6 8-by-12-inch rectangles) filled with Pastry Cream or Lemon Curd.
The sour cream and egg yolks give the dough not only flakiness but makes a much more tender and easy to roll and shape dough. Sour cream pastry dough never cracks and it didn’t disappoint me even this time, although I used deferent flours.
You can fill this Galettes with fruits, berries, Ricotta and other cheeses, meat, potato and also use this dough for Quiche and tarts.
For the pastry dough: makes 2 crusts.
- • 1cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled
- • 2 cups white rice flour, plus more for work surface
- • 1 cup fine ground corn meal
- • 3/4 teaspoon salt
- • 2/3 cup cold sour cream
- • 2 large egg yolks
- • 1 tablespoon sugar
- • Zest of 1 large lemon
For the filling:
- • 3/4 cup creamy Peanut Butter
- • 3/4 cup Seedless Raspberry Jam
- • 1 cup fine ground Pecans or Walnuts
- • 1/3 cup organic light brown sugar
- • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- • 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Cut butter into 1/4-inch cubes. Place in an even layer on a plate and transfer to refrigerator to chill.
- Place the rice flour, cornmeal, salt, sugar and lemon zest in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse several times to combine. Add the butter, and egg yolks, process, until the mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds. Add sour cream and process until the dough just holds together (do not process for more than 30 seconds).
- Turn out dough onto a work surface. Divide in half, and place each half on a piece of plastic wrap. Flatten each to form a disk. Wrap, and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 1 day before using.
- For the Galette you will need only one half of the dough, the other half I keep in the freezer.
- To make the filling; ground nuts with the light brown sugar and cinnamon. In a medium bowl mix jam and peanut butter, add the nuts and vanilla and stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to a 14-inch round, about 1/8-inch thick. Transfer the dough to a shallow glass pie baking dish.
- Arrange the filling on top of dough. Fold border over the filling, overlapping where necessary. Brush edges of dough with egg, sprinkle with sugar. Transfer to refrigerator and chill 15 to 20 minutes.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and the filling starts bubbling, 55 to 60 minutes. Transfer baking dish to a wire rack to cool the galette. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
What's In, What's Out
What we're obsessed with, and what we're not.
What's in, what's out.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Wedding registry must haves.