If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: "So unsuspected violets,
Within the fields lie low,
Too late for striving fingers,
That passed an hour ago,"
In search for a truly beautiful, truly purple and yes, even poetic drink, this idea evolved. As a riff on a traditional Kir, I have made a simple switch from the blackberry over to violet liqueur. It is floral rather than fruity, as you might predict. If violets were still in bloom you could garnish with the flower. You could make up a pitcher and bring it on a picnic or for an evening on the lawn at Tanglewood. Schubert's Nachtviolen would be perfect. I used nasturtium with proseco....love. - Sagegreen
- 3 ounces finely crushed ice
- 4 ounces chilled dry white wine, or chilled dry, white proseco
- 1 ounce creme de violette (violet liqueur)
- edible flowers, such as violet, borage or nasturtium and/ or a sprig of pineapple sage, suggested garnish
- squeeze of Meyer lemon or sweet lime, optional
- For a stiffer variation, add a shot of Grey Goose vodka or for more flair Grey Goose Poire
- Add the crushed ice to your glass. Pour in the wine or proseco. (If you are seeking more variation add a shot of the vodka or poire here). I used a gravina wine in the one example illustrated, and proseco with nasturtium and pineapple sage in the other photographs.
- Slowly drizzle in the liqueur and watch the violet bloom with the sparkle of an amethyst jewel against the light. Add a squeeze of lemon or lime if you like. Garnish with an edible flower such as violet or nasturtium, if you have them and/or a an enhancing herbal leaf such as pineapple sage or lemon verbena. Each guest could have a different color flower if you make several.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
What's In, What's Out
What we're obsessed with, and what we're not.
What's in, what's out.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Wedding registry must haves.