If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Yesterday our grandson asked me (very politely) do I have time to bake for him a Marble Cake. How could I refuse?
Since this weeks contest is gluten-free baking, I gave a recipe for a Lemon Yogurt Cake by Barefoot Contessa, a makeover.
Instead of 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour I used the two gluten-free substitutes (rice flour and ground almonds), and added cocoa for the marble part.
Serves makes 12 to 16 squares.
- • 1 cup white rice flour
- • 1/2 cup fine ground blanched almonds
- • 2 teaspoons baking powder
- • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- • 1 cup plane whole milk yogurt
- • 11/3 cups organic sugar, divided
- • 3 extra-large free-range eggs room temperature
- • 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- • 2 teaspoons orange zest
- • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- • 1/2 cup canola oil
- • 1 tablespoon Dutch process cocoa powder, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 by 8 by 2 1/2-inches baking dish or a loaf pan.
- Mix well together rice flour and almonds (ground in a food processor with 1/3 cup of the sugar), salt, baking powder and baking soda in one bowl. In another bowel, whisk together eggs with 1 cup sugar, add yogurt, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet; then fold in the canola oil into the batter until fully incorporated.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into prepared pan; then to the remaining batter stir in the cocoa powder and orange zest.
- Pour this portion of the batter on top and with a wooden toothpick make any patterns you like. Bake for about 50 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.