Author Notes: Pomegranate molasses is a traditional ingredient in Middle Eastern cooking. It can be store bought at specialty stores, or made by hand by boiling down pomegranate juice with sugar and lemon. I like to use Kolsch brand beer because I can pour the finished drink back into the bottle and tote it easily to a friends or a picnic.
- alice y
Serves 2 small servings
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 15 oz. light lager beer, such as Kolsch, chilled
- 1 tablespoon St. Germaine Liqueur or other elderflower syrup or liqueur
- Pour the beer into a bowl and mix in the elderflower liqueur and pomegranate molasses. Use immediately or return the drink to a sealable bottle until ready for use.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Beer Cocktail