If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a big meaty sandwich. I love an Italian hero or hoagie this is my take on that sandwich.I saw some really beautiful water cress at the market so added that to this sandwich it has a peppery slightly spicy taste that goes well with the meat. It keeps really well and actually tastes better hours after making it. Great for a picnic! - sdebrango
- Loaf of your favorite rustic bread ( I used ciabatta and Italian)
- A bunch of fresh watercress, cleaned and dried
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Capers
- 3 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 pound Proscuitto de Parma
- 1/4 pound Mortadella
- 1/4 pound Sweet or hot sopresetta
- Parmigiano reggiano
- To make the vinaigrette: Crush your capers, add the dijon mustard, olive oil, and red wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.Whisk and set aside
- Slice the bread of your choice in half lengthwise. Drizzle a little vinaigrette on half of the loaf, layer your meat, add a tbs of dressing onto your cleaned and dried water cress. Put the dressed water cresss on top of the meat. Shave some of the parmigiano reggiano on top of the water cress. Drizzle a little more of the vinegarette on the other side of the loaf. Close and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Road Trip Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
What's in, what's out.
Make better cookies.