If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Part of the party, petite prosciutto and cheese sandwiches, were very good served with the eggplant sandwiches, Prosecco, and Cava. - ibbeachnana
- 6 pieces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 12 1/2 inch baguette slices
- small fresh basil leaves, enough for each sandwich
- baby arugula leaves for each sandwich
- Select Pepato, Fontinella, Montasio, or Provolone cheese slices, I prefer cheese shaved with a vegetable peeler
- EVOO, cracked pepper, and oil cured olives for garnish
- * optional ground red pepper flakes to sprinkle
- halved tomatoes to rub over bread
- Everything can be prepared ahead of time, packaged for travel in a cooler. Ready for each guest to prepare their own sandwiches the ingredients are all pre-sliced easy to handle and they can season with oil and pepper when assembled. Each person squishes a tomato over and rubs the juices over the bread slices, add a slice of cheese, piece of prosciutto, more cheese, a basil leaf, drizzle of oil and a touch of pepper, top with another tomato bread… Serve with assorted olives and a good wine. Exported from MasterCook My Cookbook
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish