If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe could fear a little and seem hard to make but is actually very simple and result is great and super tasty. Plane Sage Focaccia is great for picnic on a roof deck paired with chilled white wine but could also be made into delicious sandwiches with ham and cheese for a blanket-picnic in the park. - heirloom
Makes one 9" focaccia
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 3 Medium potatoes
- 3 teaspoons Sea Or kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 ounce Yeast
- 3/4 cup Finely chopped fresh sage
- Warm water
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil + more for greasing pan
- Coarse salt
- Boil whole potatoes without peeling them until you can easily pierce them with a knife. When cool enough to be handled, peel them and mash.
- Put potatoes (better if still warm), flour, sage, salt, sugar and yeast into a bowl. Pour in warm water little by little (starting 1/2 cup at a time). Knead and add water until all ingredients are combined, if too wet adjust with a little flour. Transfer dough onto a working surface and keep kneading until dough forms into an elastic ball (about 10 min from the beginning).
- Grease a deep 9" cake pan with olive oil and put ball into it. Cover with a kitchen towel and a double layer of wet (but not draining) paper towel and let rest in a warm place for about 1 hour until it doubles in volume.
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Knead again the dough for about 1 minute and bring back to pan. "Roll" the dough with hands to cover the bottom of pan. Make little holes with your fingers and put 1 grain of coarse salt in each hole. Prepare a mixture of 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil and 3 tbsp warm water and pour it uniformly on top of the dough. Put into oven.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until surface is golden brown.
- Remove from pan and let cool on rack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.