Author Notes: IT'S A RECEPE FROM AN ITALIAN CHEF LIVING IN LONDON AND WORKING IN HIS RESTAURANT IN COVENT GARDEN. IT'S VERY EASY TO DO AND ALWAYS A SUCCESS... TRY AND TELL ME!!! - Marica Bochicchio
- 2 cups whole wheet flour
- 2 cups manitoba flour
- 1 ounce dried yeast
- 1 cup tepid water
- 2 tablespoons extravergine olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cerry tomatoes
- 1 cup black or green olives
- 2 ounces tepid water
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Mix all the ingredients for the topping in a bowl with a fork to emulsifying them.
- In a large bowl mix flour and salt, put the oil in the center and yeast dissolved in water, mix well with a spoon, covering the bowl with a cloth for 10 minutes.
- Greese a baking pan rectangular (Inches13x9x2) and pour the mixture. Adds the mix topping and push with your fingers the tomatoes and olives. Leave for other 30 minutes.
- Prehetated oven at 425F°. Cook for around 25-30 minutes, until the focaccia is crisp and golden on top and soft in the middle.
- Remove from pan and let cool on rack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish