If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I started making this to serve with all sorts of things - tacos, burritos, under a beany soup or chili, when the son and the daughter were in high school. I finally had to start making twice as much as I intended each time because they loved it so much that they'd take second piles of it for *dessert*. - boulangere
- 1 1/2 cups basmati or long-grain brown rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 2 or 3 tablespoons canola or corn oil
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- Generous handful of cilantro, chopped
- Sea or kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil and add rice and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover pot, reduce to a simmer and cook until done - about 17-20 for basmati, 35-45 for brown.
- When rice is done, remove from heat. Add lime oil of your choice, lime zest and juice, as much cilantro as you like. Gently stir to blend, then season to taste with salt. For me, at least, this should come with a Surgeon-General's warning as to its addictive qualities.