If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I adapted this recipe from Ina Garten's fabulous chicken salad. I live in Hong Kong, and have added a bit of spice and a kick to this sublime recipe. I serve it on every picnic/boat trip we have (summer lasts 8 months, so we get a lot of it!!) - Señora Hughes
- 4 split bone chicken breasts skin on
- 1/2 cup crunchy penut butter
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chinese chilli sauce
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup penut oil
- 1 dash lea and perrins
- 1 splash fresh lime
- 1 bunch thai asparagus
- 1 piece red and yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 pinches black sesame seeds
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- 3 asparagus hearts
- roast chicken for 35 minutes, until just done, but still tender. let cool, and shred. (keep bones for stock)
- in a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter with vinegar, ginger, garlic, salt pepper, soy, chinese chilli. Add peanut and olive oils until a thick dressing forms.
- steam asparagus until tender (3 minutes) and dunk in ice water. Cut into 3 pieces each.
- Julienne peppers and artichoke hearts
- drain artichoke hearts and roughly chop
- mix dressing into still warm shredded chicken. Add asparagus, artichoke and peppes. Top with sesame seeds. Serve cold, or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish