If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Whether it be 2 or twenty people at your 'family' table, please your guest's bellies with this yummy Macaroni and Cheese casserole! Green broccoli was added for bonus boost of vitamins and minerals, not to mention yummmm-O!
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat macaroni
- 3 ounces pancetta, diced
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 (12 oz) cans fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 cups shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed butter crackers (about 6 crackers)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray, add pancetta and cook to crisp. Remove from pan to paper towel to drain.
- Add butter to hot pan, alow to melt. Stir in the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, cayenne, and salt until smooth; gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- Place half of the macaroni and broccoli in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Top with half of the cheese sauce, stir carefully preventing the breakdown of the broccoli. Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with cracker crumbs and remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
Everything's Peachy Keen
How to use all that summer fruit
Everything's peachy keen.
This week's best #F52farmstands.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Get baking this Labor Day.
Storage made crystal clear.