Author Notes: Continuing with a search for new ideas for the lassi, I was excited to learn about aloe. It adds a wonderful sour flavor which when combined with a sweet fruit is very refreshing. It is very easy to work with aloe. You can use the "leftovers" not only as a burn remedy, but also for skin softening. Just avoid digesting any yellow secretions, should there be any, which could disrupt your inner system. The clear gel itself is an aid to digestion. If you like the taste, you can add a larger amount. A square inch is a great introduction, which could get you hooked. - Sagegreen
- 1 inch square of fresh aloe vera gel (see photo)
- 3/4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, full fat preferred
- 1-2 tablespoon honey, such as linden or acacia, to taste
- sprig of spearmint, thai basil or pineapple sage, divided
- 2 ice cubes
- pinch of ginger spice
- squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Cut about an inch slice of a large aloe leaf. Cut off the sides, then the top and bottom to reveal the inner clear gel. Rinse this off in cool water to remove any yellow secretion. Place in the blender.
- Add the blueberries, yogurt, honey to taste, one torn up herbal leaf of your choice, ice cubes, and ginger. Add the squeeze of lime. Process as you would a smoothie.
- Pour into one or two glasses. Garnish with an herbal sprig or herbal leaves.