If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Making this recipe has become a must whenever we have strawberries in the house and it’s so easy, anyone can do it. My favorite way to eat it is by itself as a side salad of sorts, but it’s the perfect accompaniment to lunch, alongside a sandwich or on top of a salad. I have even used these strawberries in making a dessert. It travels well, as long as you have a container with a tight lid. I’ve packaged it up to send to work with a friend of mine, before, as part of her lunch, no problem.
The sweet crispness of the strawberries and fresh herbs, the hint of orange, and the tanginess of the white wine vinegar is refreshing and always leaves you, and everybody else wanting more…so make extra! ~ TFFG
*Note- If you don’t have blood orange olive oil, use orange zest instead! Also, you can use either fresh Mint, or fresh Basil. I have used both and either is a delightful addition. - TheFriendlyFoodieGirl
Makes 2 cups
- 16 ounces Strawberries
- 2 teaspoons Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Sugar (adjust to your palette)
- Fresh Basil or Fresh Mint leaves
- Wash and slice Strawberries and place in mixing bowl.
- Add Blood Orange Olive Oil, White Wine Vinegar, and Sugar.
- Stir gently.
- Garnish with fresh Basil or Mint leaves.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish