Author Notes: This is delicious and had a kick to it. The original recipe comes from Eve Anderson, a lady in my recipe club. I have tweaked the recipe so many times that only a few of the ingredients have remained the same, but the idea of the kidney beans remains the same.
The picture is my own. - jane mcmillan
- 15.5 ounces can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3/4 cups hot sweet pickles, chopped ( The ones I buy are called Wickles)
- 1 to 2 jalepenos, seeds removed and chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon eash salt and pepper
- Rinse and drain beans well .
- Chop the pickles, oions, and jalepenos. Being sure to remove some ot the seeds in the jalepenos or not, depending on how spicy you want this.
- Place the veggies and beans in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combnine the mayo,lemon juice, and celery seed.
- Pour over veggies, and beans, and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to take to picnic.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish