If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is delicious and had a kick to it. The original recipe comes from Eve Anderson, a lady in my recipe club. I have tweaked the recipe so many times that only a few of the ingredients have remained the same, but the idea of the kidney beans remains the same.
The picture is my own. —jane mcmillan
- 15.5 ounces can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup hot sweet pickles, chopped ( The ones I buy are called Wickles)
- 1 to 2 jalepenos, seeds removed and chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon eash salt and pepper
- Rinse and drain beans well .
- Chop the pickles, oions, and jalepenos. Being sure to remove some ot the seeds in the jalepenos or not, depending on how spicy you want this.
- Place the veggies and beans in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combnine the mayo,lemon juice, and celery seed.
- Pour over veggies, and beans, and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to take to picnic.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.