If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is more of an assembly process than a recipe, but this is one of my all time favorite sandwiches to make and it makes perfect picnic fare. Really when it comes down to it, my favorite way to eat avocado is on crusty bread with a little sprinkling of salt. That's it. This is just a slight embellishment. Everything about it is wonderfully creamy and buttery, all encased by the crusty baguette. It may not be revolutionary, but many is it good! —fiveandspice
- 1 crusty baguette
- 2 perfectly ripe avocados
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced Serrano ham (or another salty, fatty delicious ham)
- 2 tablespoons cultured butter
- sea salt
- Divide the baguette into 4 equal pieces, then cut each in half horizontally.
- Pit the avocados, scoop out the flesh, then mash and spread one-quarter of it on one side of each baguette pieces. Sprinkle each with a tiny pinch of sea salt. Then, layer one-quarter of the ham over the avocado on each baguette piece.
- Spread the butter on the empty halves of the baguette pieces. Then, top each avocado-hammed piece of baguette with a buttered piece of baguette to make sandwiches.
- To bring these with on a picnic, wrap them up in butcher paper and either tape or tie them shut. Pack them in your basket, and definitely bring some fruit and white wine along too.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.