If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious spicy brussel sprouts —faks_merchant
- 1 pound brussel sprouts
- 1 cup onion- finely chopped
- 2-3 pieces garlic- finely minced
- 1 piece ginger- finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4-6 pieces dried red chillies
- 4-6 pieces fresh curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 piece lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Wash, remove stem and cut brussel spouts in half
- Add salt to 6-8 cups of water, bring it to a boil and add the brussel sprouts and cook for about 5-6 min. Drain in a colander, rince with cold water and set aside.
- In a saute pan on medium high heat, add oil and black mustard seeds. Then add cumin seeds and onion. Cook the onion till golden brown for about 5-6 min.
- Add ginger and galic next. While stirring the onion mixture, add turmeric, curry leave, dried red chilies, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Then add the brussel sprouts. Stir once and let it set for 2-3 min to caramalize the sprouts.
- Once the brussel sprouts are golden brown in color add lemon juice. Stir to combine the mixture. Reduce the heat, cover and cook for another 5-6 min. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Best Brussel Sprouts
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
These snacks are independent.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
49 new dinnerware pieces.
A handy saucepan.