Author Notes: A nice refreshing appetizer any time of the year...and so easy to prepare! - inpatskitchen
Makes about 12 to 15 pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced thin (hopefully you'll get about 30 slices)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 to 5 slices prosciutto, quartered or cut into thirds, depending on your slices
- 1 head Belgian endive, leaves separated
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling (optional)
- Minced parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a large saute pan, saute the pepper strips and garlic in the oil until the peppers soften. Stir in the salt and pepper Cool and set aside.
- Once the peppers have cooled, wrap two or three in a slice of the prosciutto and set in an endive leaf. Chill and when ready to serve, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and garnish with parsley if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish