If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A nice refreshing appetizer any time of the year...and so easy to prepare! - inpatskitchen
Makes about 12 to 15 pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced thin (hopefully you'll get about 30 slices)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 to 5 slices prosciutto, quartered or cut into thirds, depending on your slices
- 1 head Belgian endive, leaves separated
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling (optional)
- Minced parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a large saute pan, saute the pepper strips and garlic in the oil until the peppers soften. Stir in the salt and pepper Cool and set aside.
- Once the peppers have cooled, wrap two or three in a slice of the prosciutto and set in an endive leaf. Chill and when ready to serve, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and garnish with parsley if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish