If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Black Bean and Jicima Salad is one of my favorite warm weather accompaniments to serve. It can be set out on an appetizer spread along with tortilla chips, or served alongside the main course as a salad. Its bright colors always make for a spectacular presentation, and combination of flavors always has my guests asking for the recipe. You can adjust the spice level to your liking by increasing or decreasing the amount of jalapeños in the recipe. Because there is no dairy in this dish it travels well and can be set out at room temp. for longer periods of time. - hollyb
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 jalepeno peppers, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground corriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 15 oz. cans, black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn (thawed)
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup jicima, diced
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- Combine the vinegar, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno peppers, cumin, coriander and salt in small mixing bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Combine the beans, corn, tomatoes, bell peppers, jicama, green onions, and cilantro in large mixing bowl and mix well. Pour the reserved mixture over and toss to coat. Chill for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
Fresh beer, anywhere.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!