If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is an adaptation of a typical crab preparation in Benin, West Africa. This lighter version is perfect for a picnic. Serve chilled with plantain chips. Enjoy! - Africuria
- 1 champagne mango
- 1 hass avocado
- 1 scallion, chopped
- zest and fresh juice of 1 Lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon scotch bonnet, minced
- 6 ounces jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- Dice champagne mango or regular mango and set aside in a medium-sized bowl. (Champagne mangos are less fibrous and have a thin pit.)
- Split the avocado in half and remove the pit. Dice the flesh and drop into a medium-sized bowl. Add the zest and juice of lime and salt and pepper. Lightly toss.
- Combine crabmeat, chopped scallions, chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes, minced scotch bonnet, mayonnaise and salt and pepper to taste. Lightly toss.
- Use the crabmeat mixture to fill the bottom layer of a clear container. Repeat with the avocado mixture and then the diced mango. You can eat immediately, but it’s best refrigerated for at least an hour.
Tags: can be made ahead
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.