Author Notes: Lighter than her mayonnaise draped counterpart, this little number can beat the heat and won’t leave you feeling like you might sink the boat after a summer lunch of beer, beans and bratwurst… - checker
- 3 small red potatoes
- 2 medium stalks celery, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Wash the potatoes and boil them until just tender.
- Once cool enough to handle, mince the potatoes and combine them with the minced celery, red onion and red pepper.
- Combine the remaining ingredients until well mixed and gradually pour over the vegetables gently stirring until everything is coated and well flavored. You may not need all of it or you may need more, depending on how much the potatoes absorb or your particular taste.
- Note: The recipe is for a smaller version of this salad. Since you are basically just chopping up some vegetables and tossing them with a vinaigrette, you can easily adjust to feed a crowd or a couple. It can also be adjusted to suit a particular taste - more garlic, less parsley, etc. Just taste as you go.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish