If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Seldom do we fry chicken, but every now and then we have to have what the kids call "chicken on the bone" for a day at the beach, I fry a seasoned version minus the jerk sauce for the little ones.
I never have measured anything for this recipe except the jerk sauce (just took notes today for the first time in at least 20 years), so the ingredient amounts can be played with and adjusted to suit your taste. - ibbeachnana
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 whole lemon, juiced and some of the zest
- 1 lime, juiced and some of the zest
- 1-2 tablespoons dark rum, I used Gosling's
- 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning, more if you want more heat
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- * optional sprinkle of cayenne
- 1-2 teaspoons Frank's or Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 cups seasoned flour
- Sheet pan with rack in a 170° oven
- Lay the chicken out on a platter or in a big zip lock bag and add ingredients one at a time, massage the chicken pieces after each ingredient. I guess you could just dump it all in a bag and then thoroughly distribute...marinate for a couple of hours, dredge in seasoned flour and fry in batches until golden, sit on paper for a few minutes if necessary then keep warm on sheet pan in oven.
- Serve with sugar rum grilled pineapple, corn bread and fresh pepper salad: slice whole cored and peeled pineapple into thick slices, marinate for 30 minutes in dark rum and dark brown and grill until you have fantastic looking grill marks.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish