If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A few weeks ago I bought a bag of sweet mini bell peppers because they looked so pretty, but not having any plan on what to do with them. I ended up stuffing some with a ground turkey filling and then pickled a jar with this easy refrigerated pickling recipe. Great snacking or on a sandwich, they'll keep for a few weeks in the fridge. Pack the jar in the picnic basket and enjoy! - inpatskitchen
Makes one 14 to 15 ounce jar
- One 14 to 15 ounce glass jar with a lid which has been washed and sterilized
- Enough mini sweet peppers cut crosswise in one inch chunks to pack the jar leaving about 3/4 inch head room
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cane or beet sugar
- Bring the vinegar, water red pepper, garlic, salt and sugar to a boil. Pour into the pepper stuffed jar making sure to cover the peppers totally.
- Secure the lid on the jar and give it a couple of shakes. This will help with the seal.
- Let the jar of peppers cool to room temperature and then refrigerate. They'll be ready for eating the next day!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
La Dolce Vita
A sweet bite for a sweet life.
Italian Breakfast Buns
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Cereal = Dessert
The Daily Grind
Recipe of the Day