If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: “The other thing is quality of life; if you have a place where you can go and have a picnic with your family, it doesn't matter if it's a recession or not, you can include that in your quality of life.” Jim Fowler
This has been a great cooking challenge for me, picnic food, never gave it much thought in the summer or winter for that matter, but that is pretty much what we eat when it is too hot to cook inside and something for comfort in the winter. Nothing too exotic and sometimes leftovers just put to good use. - ibbeachnana
- 1 cup each white wine and chicken broth
- assorted thyme,tarragon, bay leaves
- chunks of celery, onion and carrot
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2/3 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons real butter milk (homemade works fine)
- 2 tablespoons grated red onion
- 2/3 cup diced celery
- 2/3 cup of the smallest red grapes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup red walnuts big chop, I like to see these and bite into them
- * 2 teaspoons fresh fennel, finely diced
- Pinches of tarragon
- sanlt and pepper
- Have poaching liquid ready, boil, turn down to simmer, add chicken, cover and poach, turning chicken once. until chicken is tender and cooked throughout. I cool in poaching liquid to be sure the chicken is done, drain, cool, and cube chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Blend the dressing ingredients add chicken, season. Serve with Red Grape Focaccia and a fresh Italian pepper salad. Bake your favorite focaccia/ red grape, slice for sandwiches
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.